Sole practitioner | 35+ years of experience | strong legal advocacy

Honest answers and
straightforward advice
request your free case evaluation

Child Custody Enforcement Lawyer in Phoenix

request your free case evaluation

When a court enters a child custody order, both parents have an obligation to follow the terms of that order. If one parent violates a Phoenix child custody order by refusing to provide parenting time or taking the child out of the county, for example, the other parent can feel stressed and anxious. If your former partner breached your agreement, you have the right to enforce the terms of your divorce decree—and the attorneys at the Law Office of Karen A. Schoenau can help. Our Phoenix child custody enforcement lawyer can help you hold the other parent accountable and protect your child’s best interests.

Why Choose Us

  • Our attorney, Karen Schoenau, specializes in complex Phoenix child custody cases and holds over 20 years of experience in Arizona divorce law.
  • Our firm is dedicated to protecting your child’s best interests and will prioritize your child’s needs in every decision we make.
  • Navigating child custody proceedings can be complex and emotional. Our firm will handle all aspects of your case to reduce the stress you may feel during the process.

What to Do if Your Former Partner Breaks a Custody Order

It can be extremely stressful if your former spouse or partner violates a custody order. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the violation, his or her actions could put your relationship with your child at risk. In very serious cases, your child’s physical, emotional, moral, or mental safety may be in danger. As a result, it is important to act quickly and request the court to enforce your Phoenix child custody order.

  • First, you will need to obtain certified copies of the custody order. You can request these copies from the clerk of the court from the county that issued your custody order.
  • Next, you will need to file a Petition for Enforcement of a Child Custody Determination in Arizona Superior Court.
  • Once you file the petition, the court will issue an order for you and your former partner to appear at a hearing where it will determine whether or not he or she violated the order.

In situations where your child is in imminent danger due to your former spouse, you can file an emergency petition with the court. If you can prove that your child is likely to suffer serious harm or be removed from the state of Arizona, the court can issue an order for law enforcement to remove your child from your former partner’s custody. After this order is executed, you and the other parent will attend an evidentiary hearing where the court will decide whether to modify, keep, or dismiss the emergency petition.

Why You Need a Phoenix Child Custody Enforcement Lawyer

In child custody cases, you need an attorney on your side to navigate the legal process and advocate for your rights. Our team at the Law Office of Karen A. Schoenau can explain your legal options, prepare your petition, gather evidence, and represent you in your hearing. Your lawyer can also help you avoid errors and delays that could put your child’s interests and safety at risk. As soon as you realize that your former partner breached your custody order, speak to an attorney as soon as possible to initiate these proceedings.

Schedule a Consultation Today

If your former spouse violated your Arizona custody order, the Phoenix child custody enforcement lawyer at the Law Office of Karen A. Schoenau can help. Message or call us today at 480-467-3435 to discuss your case.

Request A Free Case Evaluation

  • *required fields
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

FULLY OPERATIONAL DURING COVID-19 CRISIS: We are OPEN. Telephone and Video Conferences Available. Close