Planning for Divorce in Arizona
Arizona Family Law Attorney Can Help You Plan for Divorce in Scottsdale or Phoenix, AZ
Deciding to end your marriage may not be easy. Once you’ve made this decision, however, planning for an Arizona divorce can help you:
- Save some time, money and stress.
- Avoid some potential future challenges and facilitate the upcoming divorce process.
Planning for an Arizona Divorce: Here’s What You Should Know
If you are in the process of planning for an Arizona divorce, here are just some of the important things you may want to be aware of:
- Arizona divorce residency requirements – People who want to file for divorce in Arizona must have lived in the state for at least 90 days before filing a Dissolution of Marriage petition with the court.
- Preparing your finances – Your finances are likely one of the more important things to think about when you are planning for an Arizona divorce. From shared bank accounts and retirement plans to the division of marital property, the plans you make about your finances before divorce can help you prepare for your financial future after divorce.
- Preparing other documents – In addition to preparing your finances, preparing other documents as you are planning for an Arizona divorce can also be helpful. Just some of the documents that may be important to get together include jointly filed tax returns, mortgage (and other loan) documents, insurance policies, etc.
- Preparing children and/or yourself – While there can be some logistical things you can start preparing for an Arizona divorce, you may also want to consider getting yourself (and your children, if you have any) mentally prepared for the upcoming divorce process. One good thing to do when preparing yourself for divorce can be to consult with an experienced Scottsdale divorce attorney likely Karen A. Schoenau, who can inform you of your best options for moving forward and favorably resolving your divorce case.
Scottsdale Divorce Attorney at the Law Office of Karen A. Schoenau
Are you planning to file for divorce in Arizona? If so, you can rely on Scottsdale Family Law Attorney Karen Schoenau for honest answers, effective representation and the best possible outcomes to your case. Since 1987, Karen Schoenau has been committed to helping people resolve their important family law matters, including complex divorce, custody, paternity, and other family law cases.
Dedicated to providing the highest-quality legal services at reasonable rates, Scottsdale Divorce Attorney Karen Schoenau will always:
- Work closely with each of her clients to help them understand their best options for resolving their divorce and other family law issues.
- Help her clients get through the emotional and psychological impacts related to their family legal issues.
- Work diligently to help her clients bring their cases to successful resolutions.
Contact an Experienced Scottsdale Family Lawyer Who Can Help You Plan for Divorce in Arizona
To receive professional advice and learn more about your best options for proceeding with divorce, schedule an initial consultation with Divorce Attorney Karen Schoenau. You can set up this meeting by calling 480-209-1918 or by emailing us using the contact form.
From her offices based in Scottsdale, Attorney Karen Schoenau represents clients throughout the metropolitan Phoenix area and the state of Arizona, including Scottsdale, Mesa, Surprise, Maricopa County, Pinal County, and Gila County.