Interstate Custody Disputes

Interstate Custody Disputes Lawyer in Arizona

Scottsdale & Phoenix Family Law Attorney Helps Clients with Interstate Child Custody Disputes

The court that originally granted your child custody order usually maintains power of jurisdiction over changes to that order. If you or your former partner wants to move out of Arizona to another state, it is best to discuss the legal ramifications with an experienced attorney. Additionally, if you are involved in a child custody dispute or need to modify the order, it is important you know which court has jurisdiction over your case.

If you went through a divorce or legal separation and now are working through interstate custody and visitation issues, the Law Office of Karen Schoenau in Scottsdale, Arizona can help. We are dedicated to protecting the rights of parents and the best interests of children in interstate custody disputes. Our team of experienced attorneys uses an in-depth knowledge of the law and zealous legal advocacy to help achieve a favorable outcome.

Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act

Arizona Child Custody Lawyer

The Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) was created to guide states in modifying and enforcing interstate custody arrangements and to deter parental kidnapping. It requires that states enforce child custody orders set forth by another court. It also establishes procedures for dealing with interstate custody disputes.

Our Phoenix interstate custody dispute attorneys have a thorough understanding of the UCCJEA. Recognizing that each case is unique, we will carefully evaluate your situation and explain how the act applies to your case. We have the experience to successfully handle these matters.

Talk to an Experienced Family Lawyer About Your Interstate Custody Dispute in Scottsdale, Arizona

Understanding interstate custody issues can be difficult. It is best to talk with an experienced lawyer about your situation. Talk with family law attorney Karen Schoenau by calling us at 480-209-1918 or toll free at 888-536-4638. You can also contact us online.